Home Instead Senior Care is a well-established, award-winning independent domiciliary care company whose mission is to consistently exceed their client’s expectations through the commitment of highly trained staff that are passionate about providing uncompromised care to people in their own homes. They offer a wide range of one-to-one services tailor-made to the needs of the individual client.
The Schedulers role is responsible for scheduling Clients and CAREGivers in order to provide the highest quality services to clients with emphasis on creating extraordinary relationships. It is both a client-facing and internally-looking role and taking responsibility is a key part of it. Working hours are currently Monday- Friday 8.30am– 4.30pm (we will be moving to a 7 day working schedule) and on-call evening and weekend as per a rota. You will also need to be flexible in working hours to meet business needs. Previous care sector experience is ideal, but not essential, as full training and ongoing support will be provided.
Key duties include:
- Developing and maintaining relationships with both Client and CAREGivers primarily over the phone, although the CAREGivers will come into the office.
- Planning and co-ordinating caregiver schedules, on a monthly, weekly and daily basis, and communicating schedules to all relevant parties in a timely manner.
- Providing up-to-date handover for out of hours cover.
- Participating in the ‘out of hours’ rota and 7 day working rota.
- Dealing with phone and email enquiries from CAREGivers and clients.
- Monitoring CAREGiver Annual Leave and Sickness records.
The Person Essential Criteria
- Passionate about delivering high quality customer service in the care sector.
- Excellent organisational skills, able to plan, re-plan and plan again, juggling priorities and unplanned work and meeting deadlines in a very busy environment.
- Able to see the ‘big picture’ whilst possessing excellent attention to detail.
- Able to stay calm under pressure; not taking things too personally.
- Proactive - able to suggest and implement operational improvements.
- Able to learn from mistakes.
- Able to work unsupervised and using own initiative, yet realising when to raise risks and issues and ask for help from others
- Able to work as a trusted team member under own initiative.
- Empathetic yet business-like in approach to Clients and CAREGivers.
- Excellent verbal communications skills, including excellent telephone manner, confident to initiate and participate in difficult conversations with caregivers and clients.
- Good written communication skills.
- IT literate.
- Driver ( with own car )
- Previous experience in the care industry.
- Experience of using databases
- Salary circa £18k + dependent on experience and skills
- Hours Fulltime, 37½ hours per week working a 6-day working pattern” on a rota system.
- Contract Temporary 12-month fixed term maternity cover” that could be then extended at 3-month intervals and could potentially lead to a permanent contract
- Pension Auto Enrolment in People’s Pension
- Expenses All reasonable out of pocket expenses and mileage at 45p per mile
- FREE Healthcare scheme
- FREE Parking