Home Instead Maidstone
CQC Rated “Outstanding” Provider
Seeks Inspirational Creative Leader
Do you want it all? Successful career but with the right balance of work and life. Then become Home Instead Maidstone’s next Registered Care Manager.
Nestled in the Yalding countryside we are surrounded by green fields, blue skies, and Alpaca’s. We believe in a tranquil workplace and a great cup of coffee. You will be joining an established team that runs like a well-oiled machine, we just need someone to drive that machine.
Do you thrive on creativity, innovation, leading a team, success and being passionate about what you do? If so, we need you to join our team and continue our adventure.
Home Instead provide companionship led, long duration care and support visits. We visit our clients in their own homes and cover Maidstone and the surrounding villages. Quite simply we solve peoples problems using truly person centered, creative and out of the box thinking.
Our standards are high and we are looking for a special individual with the ethos and values that underpin all we do.
· Work closely with the Franchise Owner to coordinate the development of a high quality private domiciliary care service for people in the local area.
· Act as the Registered Manager managing the regulated activity for the office.
· Oversee compliance with regulators, legislation and Home Instead’s Franchise Standards.
· Promote the highest standards of care and service with a focus on person centred care.
· Manage the process of client acquisition form initial contact to conversion adhering to company policy.
· Carry out care planning and conduct risk assessments ensuring compliance to relevant legal and regulatory requirements.
· Ensure successful operation of quality control systems and performing quality assurance visits for clients.
· Continually reviewing and improving processes to ensure the most effective and efficient service is always being delivered.
· Effectively managing complaints and incidents, carrying out investigations relating to the quality of the service, and using those findings to initiate improvements.
· Ensure relevant reports are forwarded to relevant bodies e.g. CQC, Care Inspectorate, Care Inspectorate Wales, The Regulation and Quality Improvement Authority and Safeguarding.
· Network in the local community and via digital media to raise awareness of the service.
Our Care Professionals
· Promote a positive culture in line with the Home Instead ethos and values.
· Provide inspired leadership to the team making sure that exceptional service is delivered to the clients and workloads are managed accordingly ensuring safe staffing levels.
· Carry out Care Professional’s Annual Performance Reviews and supervision meetings following the company policies.
· Ensure that policies and procedures are adhered to by all employees.
· Maintain the accuracy and integrity of data across all relevant platforms.
· Keep up to date with changes in legislation and regulations.
· Ensure compliance with Home Instead’s Equality, Diversity and Equal Opportunities Policy, in respect of employment and service delivery.
· Proactively identify own development areas in line with business objectives and the duties of your role, taking action within a reasonable timeframe.
· Carry out any other duties deemed necessary for the successful operation of the business.
· Extensive care experience with a proven track record in providing consistent excellent customer service.
· Proven experience in leading, training and managing a team to provide high quality domiciliary care services.
· Have or be willing to work towards Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People's Services or equivalent.
· Excellent knowledge and understanding of compliance and legislative requirements of the care regulations.
· Strong skills in conducting care assessment and care planning.
· Good understanding of systems and processes.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
· Ability to inspire others and build fantastic working relationships.
· Strong organisation and planning skills.
· Drive and motivation to take on a broad role and develop care services.
· Passionate about providing the highest quality of care.
· Commercially aware and have strong influencing and negotiating skills.
· Demonstrate achievement of business growth targets.
· Ability to work well and accurately under pressure.
· Be responsive, agile and remain calm whilst dealing with multiple priorities.
· Be flexible to meet demands of the business including participating in an on-call rota.
· Good working knowledge of IT Systems with experience of Microsoft Office or Google Suite, working with databases and virtual communication platforms with the ability to learn and adopt new technologies where appropriate.
Due to the need to support the on-call function, which may require the support of team members out in the field in emergency situations, and the requirement to travel throughout the community to conduct new client assessments, you should have a driving licence and access to a vehicle.