Home Instead Senior Care in Paignton has been rated as ‘Outstanding’ by the Care Quality Commission for the quality of our care. Central to our success, are our highly motivated and skilled CAREGivers that are supported and enabled to provide the very best standards in quality of care. The recruitment of our CAREGivers, their learning and development, mentoring, ongoing coaching, support and pastoral care - is what we call our ‘CAREGiver Experience’. With our continued growth, an exciting new opportunity has arisen as Career Development Manager - setting the benchmarks for the development of our staff.
Reporting to our Care Manager, your key roles and responsibilities will include:
- Driving recruitment through multiple sources;
- Overseeing Recruitment Assessment Process and training;
- New CAREGiver coaching and next day courtesy call;
- Early competency management and Care Certificate;
- Ongoing CAREGiver supervisions and appraisals;
- My Leaning Cloud and ongoing training/competency;
- Pastoral care (staff wellbeing and moral) and HR for Caregivers;
- Team meetings / Meet Me events
- Implementing Great IP
- Line management for Recruitment Admin.
You will be supported in your role by a Recruitment Administrator. As a senior member of the team, you will be expected to work closely with the management in the planning and delivery of ‘Outstanding’ quality care.
- Excellent communications skills are essential for this role, as is the ability to adapt your style to deal with all sorts of people in a wide range of situations. Candidates will need to be approachable, calm, patient and a strong team player.
- You will be a ‘planner’ - thinking ahead to meet the requirements of the company and maintaining a sharp eye for detail. You will need excellent organisational skills and the ability to manage your own time effectively.
- A confident networker, you will be very comfortable developing a your network in the community and the Home Instead profile as the company that people want to work for and with.
- You will have a real passion for working with people in a learning and development environment and a desire to take a hands-on and varied role in setting the skill and performance standards for our company. We strive to be the ‘employer of choice’. Developing and supporting our staff is core to this mission.
- You will be a real team player, good at managing relationships at all levels. You’ll have good emotional intelligence and be able to plan and move forward in a very fast paced and entrepreneurial company.
- Ideally you will have experience of care in the community – as you will draw on this experience to bring the role of CAREGiver and your training to life, demonstrating credibility and how to make a difference to the quality of life for our clients.
- Management or HR experience will be a distinct advantage – as you will need an ability to successfully manage conflict – finding solutions that develop and encourage our staff and build our capacity.
- You will need to be a car owner and be literate in the usual office IT programmes.
We offer a competitive salary and incentives commensurate with experience. If you are interested in learning more about this role, please us on 01803 611630 or submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.