It’s not working, it’s CARING with Home Instead
Care Manager, Wakefield
Full-time, permanent, competitive salary, dependant on experience
Home Instead Senior Care is the world’s leading provider of non-medical care and companionship services for older people. With minimum visits of one hour, award winning training and an excellent reputation we are immensely proud of the quality of care we provide.
We are looking for a passionate Care Manager with a proven ability to manage and lead a team and deliver growth. They must have experience in the Care Industry and have Business/Office Manager experience and have a very good understanding of the CQC.
Responsible for the efficient running of the business and managing the needs of the clients and day to day management of internal staff and CAREGivers
- Accountable to the owners of the business
- Achievement of targets and delivery within budgets
- Management of staff and responsibility for their workload
- To ensure successful operation of quality control systems
- Implementation of complaints procedure
- To participate in the growth and development of the business, locally and regionally through various marketing, networking and business development opportunities
- Plan, allocate and evaluate the workload of all staff
- Create and maintain administrative systems
- Recruit, select and effectively supervise a dispersed workforce
- Must ensure that all scheduling is completed in advance of shifts.
- Training and supervision/appraisal of all office staff and CAREGivers
Management experience of service provision in the care profession. Must have a Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care in order to satisfy regulatory requirements.
- Excellent communication and office skills
- Commercially aware and business focused
- Has experience in leading a team in a busy environment
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Skills in assessment and care planning
- Ability to cope with pressure and change
- Has a flexible, positive approach to work
- Must have a proven track record in providing the highest quality of service.
- Must have a clear DBS and a full driving license
- Must have previous experience as a registered Manager with the CQC
- Must maintain compliance with all Policy and Procedures.
- Must have a strong knowledge of the requirements of the Care Standards regulations
- Must establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Must maintain 24-hour availability via an on-call rota, for both staff and clients.
- Processes relating to client introductions, matching, service calls and quality assurance are all effective.
- Undertake any training that is deemed necessary or mandatory by the company
- Take part in appraisals, KPI meetings and professional development.
- Maintain and improve professional knowledge and competence
- Maintain full and accurate records and reporting systems in accordance with legal requirements and to ensure the effective running of the business
- Identify ongoing training needs and ensure staff are up to date with current best practice
- Ensure there are always sufficient numbers of suitably qualified staff allocated appropriately to meet service needs.
- Manage absence, disciplinary and grievance matters
- Carry out appraisals and monitoring of staff performance
- Ensure all emergency on-call issues are dealt with effectively, such as covering calls either directly or indirectly
The post is subject to subject to a satisfactory DBS search and references.